Employer: BJC HealthCare
Title: New Graduate Nurse – Alton Memorial Hospital
Additional Information: https://jobs.bjc.org/jobs/44912?lang=en-us&iis=JobBoard&iisn=IndeedSP&_ccid=16340612986233i6da84yc
Additional Information About the Role
The BJC HealthCare New Graduate Nurse position is available for all student nurses - regardless of graduation date - and will connect students directly to our Graduate Nurse recruitment team, who is committed to helping new graduates navigate the Staff Nurse application process. Qualified students who apply to this position are eligible to receive career opportunities at Alton Memorial Hospital and across all BJC HealthCare hospitals and nursing specialties. These include:
BJC HealthCare Hospital:
Alton Memorial Hospital
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Memorial Hospital Belleville
Memorial Hospital Shiloh
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
Parkland Health Center
Progress West Hospital
St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Labor & Delivery/Women’s Health
- $12,500 Sign-On Bonus
- BSN Differential
- Benefits Eligible
- Student-Loan Repayment Eligible at Select Hospital
- Tuition Assistance
- Nurse Residency Programs Available at Select Hospitals
Do you have questions about your options as student nurse?
Connect with our Campus + University Relations Team by emailing us at CampusRecruit@bjc.org.
The Graduate Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care after completing a nursing program and before licensure. Will be required to obtain licensure within 90 days of graduation from an accredited school of nursing to remain employed in a HSO in the state of Missouri.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.