Employer: Advanced Correctional Healthcare
Job Title: Health Services Administrator - RN
Additional Information: https://www.nursingnetwork.com/nursing-jobs/718017-health-services-administrator-registered-nurse
In this role, you will care for an underserved population in a correctional medical environment while working alongside law enforcement to solve problems for our patients and clients. This challenging and rewarding work requires great communication skills, critical thinking, and emotional strength.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Reports directly to and meets with the Assistant Regional Nurse Mangers, Regional Nurse Manager or Director Medical Operations, and prepares reports as requested
· Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
· Maintains a good working relationship with correctional personnel, nursing staff, contracted providers, outside provider agencies and corporate office staff
· Is tactful and diplomatic at all times and functions as a role model for staff.
· Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions, but uses sound independent judgment in meeting responsibilities and performing duties of the position
· Develops, revises, interprets, and ensures compliance with policies, procedures, aims, and philosophy of ACH and the assigned correctional facility.
· Recruits, orients, supervises and evaluates performance of nursing and clerical personnel.
· Assigns, directs, and promotes associates as a supervisory function.
· Hires, transfers, lays-off and recalls associates as staffing needs require.
· Counsels, disciplines, suspends, and/or terminates associates who violate policies established by ACH or the facility.
· Completes a yearly written evaluation on all directly supervised staff, a 30 day and a three (3) month evaluation on nursing associates who are under direct supervision.
· Ensures adequate staffing at facility
· Fills in as needed during periods of short staffing
· Ensures appropriate licensure on nursing and certified medical personnel, i.e. nurses, CMAs dental assistants, etc.
· Audits payroll, professional time sheets of nursing personnel, reports hours and reviews use of overtime
· Oversees services rendered by contractors and professional staff and reports to the contractors’ supervisor as indicated
· Supplies written job descriptions to nursing staff
· Ensures the proper flow of relevant information (policies, procedures, in-service, problems, etc.) to supervisors and supervised personnel
· Completes and submits monthly statistical, narrative, summary and/or operation reports as requested by facility administration
· Conducts peer reviews for nursing personnel of equal or lesser educational level
· Maintaining a current copy of the facility’s medical policies and procedures and ensures they are readily accessible to nursing staff
· Participates in CQI meetings conducted by the Regional Nurse Manager or Director of Medical Operations
· Audits weekly logs and received billing statements/invoices, and forwards them to corporate office
· Maintains absolute security of all medical records
· Audits medical files to ensure that all provided services are documented using the SOAP format
· Screens requests for records and seeks approval/disapproval from jail administration; then responds appropriately
· Reviews, processes, and responds to records requests as directed by ACH attorneys
· Reviews status of inmates with serious health problems ensuring necessary intervention and treatment is completed
· Monitors inpatient hospitalizations and works with jail administration for early release whenever appropriate
· Reviews referrals to outside consultants for necessity of referral and communicates with jail administration for security restrictions or concerns
· Monitors the provision of contractual medical services, i.e. radiology, lab, etc.
· Regularly evaluates the provision of medical services to prevent the inappropriate use/duplication of those services
· Assists jail administration and ACH billing department to Identify financial responsibility (inmate, correctional, ACH, insurance company, etc.) for all incurred expenses
· Closely monitors potential catastrophic illnesses; explores and utilizes all appropriate means of limiting both ACH and corrections’ liabilities, if appropriate
· Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operation efficiency and effectiveness
· Monitors and promotes staff compliance with applicable pharmacy regulations, including those covering controlled substances
· Reviews/approves medical supply and pharmacy orders
· Seeks ACH approval for necessary supplies not on the routine supply list
· Monitors and evaluates physical safety requirements to ensure safe working environment
· Monitors and/or provides an in-service program suitable to the facility health care program when able to do so on-site
· Meets with designated jail administration on a monthly or as needed basis
· Meets with contracted agencies and jail administration as directed by the Regional Nurse Manager or Director of Medical Operations
· Functions as liaison between ACH and other professional organizations
· Monitors to confirm the provision of commitments and services made to or by ACH.
· Accepts on-call status
· Must be able to perform CPR when needed
· Attends seminars, workshops, conference, etc. as required by (and at the expense of) Advanced Correctional Healthcare
· May be asked to travel
· May be asked to train new hires and coworkers
· Adheres to established policies of ACH and the facility
· Any and all other duties as assigned.
In return for your expertise, ACH may provide:
- Top Industry Pay!
- Company stability
- Great employee recognition program
- Unique industry where you can make a difference working with an under-served population
- Commitment to safety of employees
- Educational Reimbursement program
- 401(k) available with employer match
- Employee referral and site referral program
- Health Insurance (for full-time employees)
- Autonomous Work Environment
· Active nursing license in the state in which services are to be provided, in good standing
· Active CPR (BLS) certification
· Excellent documentation skills
· Must be able to drive a motor vehicle.
· Knowledge of the nursing scope of practice