Organization: Rush University
Hiring Department: Adult Health and Gerontology
Job Title: Assistant Professor – College of Nursing
Additional Information: https://rush.igreentree.com/css_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20220912094250&
The faculty member of the College of Nursing contributes to the mission of the college by integrating the roles of teacher, researcher/scholar/clinician, and leader. The details of the faculty¡¦s workload distribution will be negotiated with the Chairperson, based on the needs of the College of Nursing, as well as on candidate's expertise and interest. Workload is determined one year in advance and annual reviews are done based on college needs and/or faculty requests.
- Demonstrates growing competence in teaching.
- Contributes to the instructional program and curricular development and evaluation.4. Integrates state of the science literature into teaching activities. .
- Serves as student advisor.
- Precepts graduate students in clinical and/or research activities.
- Supports and supports a culturally, racially, and ethnically diverse educational environment.
- Supports and when appropriate, contributes to University and Medical Center-wide interdisciplary programs.
Clinical Practice, Research and Scholarship
- Practice setting leader.
- Clinical consultant.
- Research co-investigator in focused area of research
- Writes and presents practice oriented papers.
- Acceptance of co-authored data-based and scholarly peer-reviewed papers.
- Presents data-based and/or scholarly papers locally and regionally.
College and Professional Service
- Supports and facilitates the goals of Rush University, the college, and medical center.
- Participates on departmental, and college committees and/or task forces.
- Serves on committees for professional or community organizations.
- Provides professional consultation on the local level.
Nurse faculty of a professional nursing program shall have:
- A Doctoral Degree in Nursing
- Current licensure in the State of Illinois. If working remotely, current RN licensure in home state of residence is required.
- Maintains National Certification as appropriate
- Rush University is known for its high-quality health care education, supportive learning environment, engagement with the urban community and forward-looking education approach.
- Rush University is a health science university that is integral to Rush, an academic health system that includes three hospitals and numerous outpatient care facilities.
- Rush University's Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (Acute Care) program is ranked #1 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Rush University's Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care) program is ranked #1 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Rush is aRush is an academic health system comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.