Scholarship: Jewish Federation Academic Scholarship
Description: For currently enrolled Grad & Undergrad Jewish students residing in the Chicagoland area.
Due Date: February 1, 2023
Additional Information: https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/JCFSAcademicScholarship2023
JUF Academic Scholarship Program 2023 – 2024
All scholarships are made available through funds established by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. The primary criteria for an award are career promise and financial need.
- Grade Level: Undergrad, Graduate
- Applicants must be Jewish
- Must meet one or both of the following criteria:
- Born and raised in either: Cook County, Chicago metropolitan area*, or Northwest Indiana (Lake County) OR
- One continuous year of full-time employment in Cook County or Chicago metropolitan area prior to starting professional education.
- *The Chicago metropolitan area includes Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties.
- Intend to remain in or return to the Chicago metropolitan area after completing school
- Entering an accredited professional graduate education program on a full-time basis for the entire academic year. Applicants must be enrolled full-time for both the fall and spring semesters. Students graduating in December are not eligible to apply. School acceptance is not required at time of scholarship application.
- Undergraduate applicants must be entering the junior or senior year of an accredited professional education program that will allow them to pursue employment in their chosen helping professions at a Bachelor's degree level. Applicants must be enrolled full-time for both the fall and spring semesters. Students graduating in December are not eligible to apply.
The following documents must be submitted to complete your application:
- Two professional and/or academic Letter of Reference Forms with accompanying recommendation letters(Not required for previous recipients of this scholarship)
- Applicant IRS Forms filed for 2021 and 2022
- Students under the age of 26 and/or married students must submit parents’ and/or spouse's/partner’s IRS Forms filed for 2021 and for 2022
- Documentation of tuition costs and fees from your school
- Documentation of all outstanding student loans
- Official academic transcript (if in school, from present school; if not in school, from most recent school attended)
If you have any issues uploading your documentation, you may submit them via email to email@example.com.
All documents must be completed and received by JCFS Chicago by February 1, 2023 with the exclusion of 2022 tax returns. The 2022 tax returns will be due as soon as they are completed or no later than May 1, 2023 if not submitted with your initial application.
If you have any questions please call the Scholarship Coordinator at 312.673.3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.