UIC LARES Transfer Scholar Award
Application due: Friday, July 1, 2022
Additional Info: https://lares.uic.edu/lares-opportunities/scholarships/lares-transfer-scholar-award/
Latin American Recruitment & Educational Services Program (LARES)
- New Transfer students who have earned at least 36 transfer credits
- Student must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Student Must qualify for in-state tuition
To be considered for this award, students will need to:
- Complete the LARES Transfer Scholar Awardonline application.
- Submit resume.
- Submit a recent headshot (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x 3.5 ratios, PNG or JPG). The picture should be suitable for use in any printed literature announcing the recipients. Selfies are not accepted.
- Submit one letter of recommendation on official letterhead from an advisor, professor, or administrator.
- Respond to the following questions; please limit each response to 250-300 words:
- Discuss your academic and professional goals. How will these goals contribute to the Latino community?
- Discuss your involvement and/or leadership experiences within the Latino community. Feel free to reference any pertinent volunteer work, student involvement, or workforce experience.