Employer: Carle Foundation Health
Job Title: Healthcare Tech/CNA -Med/Surg
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/35888
$1,000.00 Sign on bonus - External Only
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Completes HCT Safety Checklist at the beginning of each shift
- Receives delegated responsibilities from RN each shift and maintains close communication during shift regarding completion of tasks/responsibilities
- Completes and documents basic patient care independently: including but not limited to baths, vital signs, accuchecks and meal trays
- Maintains patient safety as the highest priority level: ensuring safety measure compliance such as fall precautions, pressure ulcer prevention, isolation precautions and patient ambulation safety
- Assist the team in facilitating a high volume of patient admissions and discharges in relation to the Observation patient population
- Keeps a diligent focus on prompt answering of patient call lights to ensure effective triage and meeting of patient needs
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times on unit that promotes a healthy work environment and a healing patient environment