Employer: Carle Foundation Hospital
Job Title: Healthcare Tech/CNA – Cardiovascular ICU
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/31206
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
High School Diploma/Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Assist RN with patient care as delegated (vital signs, blood glucose, bathing, repositioning, walking patients)
- Hourly Rounding on patients
- Maintain clean and tidy work environment
- Organize and maintain medical and office supplies
- Maintain CVICU based competencies (sheath pulls, arterial line removal)
- Proactively seek out opportunities to assist internal and external customers