Employer: Rock Valley College
Job Title: Nursing Program Specialist
Additional Information: https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=178444449&Title=Nursing%20Program%20Specialist
Salary: $56,515 - $58,490
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Responsible for the overall coordination, organization, and compliance for various components of the Registered Nursing Program. Provides and maintains records for state program standards, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and community healthcare partners. Plans and coordinates recruitment events throughout the year; participates as needed. Collects and summarizes graduate and testing data for interpretation. Provides support to nursing students, nursing program advisor, nursing program faculty and the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional related duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Nursing Program faculty, students, and community.
- Develop recruitment initiatives, events, and marketing for the Nursing Program.
- Coordinate and participate in student recruitment activities such as Explore events, Health Science Center tours, Healthcon, High School events, etc.
- Schedule and lead monthly Nursing Information Sessions.
- Facilitate and streamline program admissions data processes biannually (fall and spring).
- Schedule and plan new student orientation days I & II.
- Coordinate program logistical needs including:
- Act as the liaison between clinical sites and the Nursing program to establish and maintain positive relationships and evaluate clinical sites
- Track clinical requirements weekly for students in CastleBranch®
- Complete clinical requests with clinical sites with input from faculty (spring)
- Collect, organize and submit required clinical site documents
- Coordinate evaluation of clinical sites
- Maintain clinical contracts
- Tracks clinical absences and probationary status of students.
- Place “Out of Sequence” students in courses for timely program completion.
- Annually track clinical requirements for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Facilitate biannual Registered Nursing Program Pinning ceremonies.
- Review student credentials for graduation and notify students of deficits
- Complete biannual end-of-program rosters for Continental Testing Services, and submits to Program Director (May and December)
- Collect and synthesize monthly data on NCLEX pass rates.
- Acts as a program resource on the NCLEX examination process.
- Coordinate biannual campus visits with BSN completion programs.
- Maintain graduate contact information and forward biannual surveys (May and December)
- Collect and review department timecards for accuracy (bimonthly).
- Record and maintain records of monthly department meetings.
- Monitor and maintain the Rock Valley College ADN program webpage and marketing material for accuracy (fall and spring).
- Organize annual Nursing Advisory Committee meetings (April).
- Coordinates with Department Chair to complete the 5-year Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) Program Review.
- Along with Chair, attends monthly meetings with the Program Director for recording purposes.
- Review and synthesizes annual Mountain Measurements data and report findings to Program Director and Department Chair.
- Identify faculty development opportunities to better prepare students for NCLEX success.
- Assist as needed with coordinating the adjunct faculty hiring process.
- Participate in committees/workgroups as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical nursing practice.
- Current unencumbered Illinois Registered Professional Nurse (RN) license.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Must have attention to detail, great organizational skills, and is self-motivated.