Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A)
Directions For Students
All qualifying, College of Nursing students can complete their C.N.A exam. UIC Nursing can add your name to the Illinois Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) exam roster. Once added, you will receive a link with information on signing up to take the competency exam.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): Pass NURS 212 & NURS 221 with a C or better
- Master of Science for non-RNs (AGMS-GE): Pass NUPR 404 and NUPR 405 with a C or better
If interested, please send the following through Protected Email Attachment Repository (PEAR). PEAR enables UIC Faculty, Staff, and Students to securely exchange information in a protected communication exchange. DO NOT send information through your personal email account.
- Your UIC University Identification Number (UIN)
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Legal First and Last Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
*Access PEAR secure messaging here: http://go.uillinois.edu/pear. Type [Williams] in the ‘To’ box and scroll down until you see [“Williams, Monique”] my email is email@example.com. Before sending, double check you have added the correct email. Once information is processed you will receive a communication to your UIC email.
Only complete the above Student Directions once you have successfully passed all required courses designated for your program. C.N.A information will be processed once a week on Thursdays. Example: C.N.A PEAR messages received Monday through Wednesdays will be processed on Thursdays. Any C.N.A PEAR messages received after Thursday will be processed on the following week.
Fall 2023 Processing Dates:
- August 24, 2023
- August 31, 2023
- September 7, 2023
- September 14, 2023
- September 21, 2023
- September 28, 2023
- October 12, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- October 26, 2023
- November 2, 2023
- November 9, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- November 30, 2023
- December 7, 2023
- December 14, 2023
- December 21, 2023
- January 11, 2024
- Please note: there is an exam fee required but no additional coursework is required.
- Illinois C.N.A Licensure is optional and not required for completion of the BSN Program.
- There are limited seats for at-home testing. Once you confirm your at-home computer system can handle the test, you can schedule if seats are available. Type in Zip Code "62903" and select "All" for distance.
- If you have accommodations through UIC Disability Recourse Center, you can send your Letter of Accommodation (LOA) to firstname.lastname@example.org right after you register for the test. will let you know how/what/where they can accommodate.
Additional Questions? Contact:
Academic Advisor: BSN & AGMS-GE
Scholarship and Career Services Coordinator