Department: UIC Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
Opportunity: Federal Nursing Student Loan
Additional Information: https://financialaid.uic.edu/types-of-aid/loans/campus-based-loans/
Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
Federal Nursing Student Loan
The Nursing Student Loan is a Federal Loan available to current nursing undergraduate and graduate students demonstrating financial need. Nursing students interested in being considered for the loan can contact UIC Student Financial Aid & Scholarships by sending an email to NURSEFinAid@uic.edu
- Available to UIC Nursing students with financial need
- Students must enroll in at least 6 credit hours (5 or more for the Graduate College).
- All students who submit a FAFSA are considered, but funding is limited and awarding on a first come, first serve basis.
- If students do not have a FAFSA on file for 2022-2023 academic year, discuss details with Financial Aid Advisor to complete FAFSA to be considered.
- The fixed interest rate for this loan in 5% with no origination fees.
- Nursing Student Loan is subsidized, so no interest accrues until students begin repayment or during authorized periods of deferment.
- Repayment begins after a one-time, 9-month grace period.