Employer: Carle Health
Job Title: Impatient RN Surgery
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/38339
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution. Must be able to take "Call" on a rotating basis during week, weekends and holidays and able to arrive to the department in 20 minutes or less.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 1 year and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 1 year.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Prepares OR Suite for patent i.e. supplies, equipment, medications, and other needs
- Interviews patient by utilizing the 2 identifies (name and BD)
- Transports patient to appropriate OR Suite and onto OR Table using safety precautions, performs timeouts upon entry of suite, prior to incision, and prior to exiting the OR suite
- Appropriately positions and preps patient for procedure utilizing positional aides and guidelines
- Supports surgical team during procedure i.e. responding to request during procedure from team, extra supplies, blood, specimens, cultures, other meds, dressing etc.
- Transports patient to PACU or specific unit and provides handoff to receiving RN