Job Title: Research Volunteer
Seeking Research Interns to support a study of metabolomics/lipidomic, symptoms (fatigue, depression, anger/irritability), and functional (ADLs, cognitive) outcomes among patients with acute ischemic stroke
Roles and Responsivities:
- Assist with in-person recruitment, eligibility screening, and enrollment of subjects.
- Pick up blood sample collection and conduct questionnaires at UI Health NSICU and Neuro step-down units, following training by PI and/or RA.
- Assist with initial processing of blook samples in laboratory environment at CON.
- Assist with data management and manuscripts for publication.
- Assist in other study-related support including monitoring inventory of supplies.
- Must be enrolled in the UIC BSN and AGMS Program
- Strong communication skills – you will be communicating with patients, their family members, nurses and doctors at UI Health. Relaying important information and tasks to the PI and study team.
- Strong attention to details, and ability to work interpedently.
- Volunteer hours vary per week, but looking for a commitment of at least 10 hours/week.
Preferred experiences, but not necessary
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with REDCap
- Experience with laboratory basic science skills
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with writing manuscripts
Start date: January 2023
Review of volunteers will begin immediately. Please submit: Resume or CV and cover letter describing your research interest and any related work experience to Dr. Sarah Martha via email firstname.lastname@example.org