Scholarship: UIC LARES Kaplan Award
Description: For Post-Baccalaureate Latino students.
Due Date: February 17, 2023
Additional Information: https://lares.uic.edu/lares-opportunities/scholarships/lares-kaplan-award/
The LARES Kaplan Award was established to support the academic ambitions or Latino students pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree by sponsoring their enrollment in a Kaplan Test Prep (i.e. MCAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.) Candidates are considered based on merit, leadership, and commitment to the Latino community.
- Must be a UIC Latino student who is a junior, senior, or recent graduate.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA or 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be a full-time student.
- Must be committed to attend graduate school.
- Must be eligible for in-state tuition.
- Holders of F-1 student visas ineligible.
To be considered for this award, students will need to:
- Complete the LARES Kaplan Award online application.
- Visit http://uic.academicworks.com.
- Select “Sign In With Your Institution”.
- Complete the general UIC SnAP application.
- When finished, click on “Finish and Submit”.
- Go to the “Opportunities” tab and search “LARES Kaplan Award”; click “Apply”.
- Complete required supplemental questions.
- Click “Finish and Submit”.
- In completing your application, you will be prompted to answer the following questions:
- Describe your professional aspirations. How will you use your degrees to serve as a change agent for the Latino community? (300 words)
- Discuss your involvement / leadership within the Latino and/or UIC community. (300 words)
- Discuss your current financial situation including financial hardships if applicable (i.e. unemployment, medical expenses, etc.). In your responses, please explain how you are currently paying for school. (300 words)
- Discuss which LARES services you have used and which LARES advisors you have met with if any. (200 words)
- Submit resume.