MercyHealth Hospital and Medical Center
Under the supervision of the RN, provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to patients in the hospital setting and designated outpatient departments by performing the following duties, supporting the nursing philosophy. Partner with a RN to provide exposure to clinical experiences that will reinforce theory and prepare them for their roles as RN. May include weekends, holidays, day, evening, night, and/or on-call hours. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of RN:
- Collects patient data and documents in the medical record within scope.
- Assists physician/RN with procedures as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Provides patient treatments as ordered within scope.
- Document’s care provided in the medical record.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to the RN.
- Maintains supplies, including scanning, stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Floats to various units based on identified need.
- Participates in department and unit performance improvement activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of High School or GED
Enrolled in an accredited, or accredited eligible, RN program, in academic good standing and have no more than 2 semesters to complete until program completion
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days (other certifications per unit requirements: ACLS, PALS, PEARS, NRP).
Passing the Driver’s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring).
Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or IL Health Care Workers Background Check.
Must be able to follow written/oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully, basic computer skills are beneficial.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occupational Exposure: Category A - All partners in the specified job classification have occupational exposure.
Partner may access patient care information needed to perform their job duties.
WORK CONTACT GROUP
Patients, Families, Physicians, Health Care Team Members, the Community.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Function of the position with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.