Employer: Carle Health
Job Title: Healthcare Tech/CNA – Flex Care
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/35113
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Floats for various inpatient units to provide direct patient care such as vital signs taking, account checks, specimen collection and sending them to lab, personal hygiene, assists with feeding and tidying the patient's rooms.
- Remove patient peripheral IV lines, foley catheters and a-lines at certain units.
- Keep patient safe by providing 1:1 direct patient care as a bedside sitter.
- Manages the Video Remote Sitter by monitoring patients who are in the VRS camera to keep them safe from falls, removing lines and drains, elopement and similar situations.
- Coordinates with AvaSure when the VRS camera is down and troubleshoot them.