Employer: Rush University Medical Center
Job Title: RN1 – Med/Surg – 7 South
Additional Information: https://rush.igreentree.com/CSS_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20220524084733&
- 7 South Atrium is a general medicine unit
- Supportive leadership and staff; preceptor orientation provided
- Staff nursing opportunities to participate in research, teaching and other activities for professional development.
- Special attention to keeping staff abreast of the changing technologies in the area of laparoscopic surgery
- Evidence Based Interventions - Participates in the collection of data to support unit based quality, initiative, research and evidence based activities.
- Relationship and Caring - Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting of optimal outcomes.
- Critical Thinking - Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of the patients and families.
- Technical Expertise - Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
- Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and students on the unit.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure or eligible for IL RN license required.
- Bachelors of Science (or higher) in Nursing required;
- Current CPR-BLS required ( American Heart Association or American Red Cross only)
- Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by Indeed.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
- In U.S. News & World Report's 2017-2018 Best Hospitals issue, Rush ranked among the top 50 hospitals in 8 of 16 categories.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.