Greetings Faculty & Staff,
College of Nursing students sometimes discover they have a hold on their UIC student account preventing class registration. The 'UIC Student Account Holds' guide (additional resources) provides a list of common hold types and contact information to have hold(s) removed.
For more information regarding UIC account hold students can:
- Log in to your My UIC account
- Go to top-right search bar, search for “Student Records Menu”, and then select it
- Click on “Student Records Menu” icon
- Click on “View Holds” link (left-side menu)
Also, as you begin meeting with your student advisees to plan for their spring 2020 term, please remember the following:
- The spring 2020 schedule will be posted on October 21st. **Information posted is subject to change.**
- Registration opens on November 4th, beginning with graduate students. For all other students, please check here: https://registrar.uic.edu/current_students/calendars/time_ticket_schedule
- Please remember that you are required to meet with each of your advisees. Mark the “last met with students” box and save in FileMaker as you meet with your advisees.
- OAP’s Academic Services team will begin removing holds and issuing permits beginning on October 21st. Our report will provide us with the names and classes of anyone who has saved their program plans as of September 30th. If you met with your students and saved their program plans prior to September 30th, please re-save their program plans so that they show on our permit lists.
- Upon meeting with your advisee, registration is not automatic. It takes 1-5 business days for our team to remove the advising hold and issue course permits after the program plan has been saved by the advisor. If your student is still unable to register after 5 days, please contact me via email.
- To access the online schedule, please go through my.uic.edu. Once you login, click on “XE Registration/View Classes” on the left side. Please see the attached document for more detailed instructions.
***PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS POST WITH ANY QUESTIONS***