The University Library seeks an innovative, creative, and engaged undergraduate student to support visual design efforts for the Undergraduate Engagement Program (UEP).
The Graphic Aide will assist in designing promotional materials for Undergraduate Engagement Program (with final approval from Library Communications) related events and initiatives throughout the year. Projects include: the creation of program and event posters, digital signage, brochures, banners, social media content etc.
·Produces artwork for a variety of media, using Adobe Creative Suite and related page layout and graphic design software.
· Maintains the visual communication standards of the UIC brand.
· Ensures that computer files are prepared for internal and external printing or online posting.
· Supports the Undergraduate Engagement Coordinators with other duties as needed.
· Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) student currently pursuing a degree in graphic design or related discipline.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· A dvanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and strong internet search capability; Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop required
· Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills, other language skills are beneficial.
· Ability to relate and reflect the unique and diverse experiences UIC community.
· Good organizational skills, hands-on approach, and an eye for detail.
· Ability to work independently and with various library departments and stakeholders.
· Flexibility to work in-person in a professional office setting or remotely as needed.
· Drawing and animation experience
· Photography experience
· Social media experience (Instagram and Facebook Reels, Live, etc.)
Please upload a cover letter and resume on handshake. Sample work or portfolio will be requested, if selected for an interview.
**Please read** The applications will be reviewed once the job posting closes. The hiring manager will reach out to the candidates selected for interviews. Students not selected will also be notified.
Please refrain from emailing to inquire about the status of your application.