A fully funded Ph.D. position for US Persons (US citizens or permanent residents) is available for Fall 2023/Spring 2024/Fall 2024 in Prof. Kadkhodaei’s lab at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC). This position is funded under the Chicago/DOE Alliance Center (CDAC) and provides excellent, cutting-edge collaborative research opportunities for the student. The primary research focus will be on understanding the kinetics and thermodynamics of solids under extreme conditions by developing quantum mechanical, atomistic modeling, and artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques.
The candidate will have plenty of learning opportunities, from developing novel computational frameworks and numerical toolkits to a fundamental understanding of materials systems. The candidate will be involved in various research tasks as well as critical thinking, rigorous analysis, and scientific writing. CDAC provides excellent opportunities to collaborate and network with several distinguished professors and scientists in other universities and national labs.
To learn more about CDAC, visit: https://cdac.phys.uic.edu/about-cdac/
To learn more about Prof. Kadkhodaei’s lab, visit: https://cmrl.lab.uic.edu/
Eligibility & Minimum Qualifications:
• Applicants must be US Persons (US citizens or permanent residents)
• A bachelor’s/master’s degree in materials science, physics, engineering, or related fields – with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
• A strong background in Materials Science, Solid State Physics, and Computational Science.
• An interest to work in computational materials research projects.
• Background in programming and high-performance computing (HPC) is an advantage.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed CV and a copy of your academic transcripts. Please briefly express why you are interested in this position.
See the attachment below: