UIC Office of Health Literacy – Research Assistant position
The Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois Chicago is seeking to fill a part-time research position to provide assistance to the Director of the Office of Health Literacy and other members of a research team for activities related to grant projects. The schedule is for ten variable hours per week, depending on assignments. The student will support a team of investigators working on a COVID-19 health literacy project with the City of Rockford Health and Human Services Office. This project involves designing and delivering educational webinars on health literacy and cultural relevance. Review of relevant literature, participation in meetings, participation in focus groups, analyzing survey data in Qualtrics, assisting with gathering materials, and assisting with organization and drafting of publications are duties of this job.
· Good academic standing
· Experience with developing surveys in MS Word and Qualtrics
· Interest and knowledge of health literacy and cultural relevant health communications
· Experience with focus groups, transcribing, and analyzing qualitative data
· Experience with basic quantitative data analysis
· Knowledge of how COVID-19 is impacting communities of color
· Research experience
· Experience publishing and/or writing scholarly papers
· Two years remaining at UIC preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Experience with IRB preferred
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
· Software skills: Qualtrics, MS Office, Outlook, Zoom, etc.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards
· Ability to set work priorities to meet deadlines without direct supervision
· Ability to work collaboratively in a research team environment, and independently on assigned tasks
· Ability to summarize literatures
Location: Chicago (in-person)
To apply: Please send a copy of your resume/CV a letter explaining your qualifications, and names and contact information for at least 2 references to Michele Lindstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than June 17, 2022.