Dr. Adam Yanke is searching for a motivated pre-medical student on their gap year to work in the capacity of a paid research assistant. Our team will be also be composed of a clinical research coordinator (4th year medical student) as well as well as fellows and residents.
Position Title: Research Assistant
Duration: 2020-2021 medical school application cycle
Where: Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
When: Beginning Approx. June 2020
Under the direction of Dr. Adam Yanke
Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Data collection and Chart Review
- Contacting and following up with patients
- Assist on systematic and literature reviews as well as basic science projects
- Collaborate with research team along with Surgeons, Physician Assistants, and Medical Assistants to ensure efficient workflow
The benefits of the position are the following:
- Networking with medical students/clinical research fellows and orthopaedic residents/fellows/attendings.
- Work with a team of current research fellows (medical students) as well as past research fellows and make connections for future placement (residency/fellowship, etc).
- Learn how to effectively conduct clinical and basic science research
- Several publications over the course of the year
Interested candidates should send a brief Cover Letter, Resume, and expected start date to:
Deadline: 11:59 P.M. March 30th, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The sooner your application is submitted, the more likely you are to attain the position.