The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are a great opportunity for UIC undergraduates to experience a fully funded educational experience in the UK. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university in a 3- to 4-week summer program.
For summer 2020 there are 4 summer institutes at universities across the UK, each focused on a different topic. See their website to explore the available options and learn more: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to-the-uk/uk-summer-institutes
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a US citizen and possess a US passport
- Have had little or no study/travel outside of the US or North America ("little" ideally means 4 weeks or fewer during the last 5 years, though this is not a hard limit)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7 (for 1st-years this means for this fall semester)
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Be able to participate in the program in its entirety
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes (i.e. sophomores are only eligible if they will spend a full 4 years at UIC)
The application is open, and the deadline to apply is February 11, 2020. Although a UIC nomination is not required for this opportunity, we encourage all interested students to seek advice from OEF well in advance of the deadline.