Did you complete a research project this year that you are very proud of? The call for application for the University Library Research Awards is now open!
The four students with the most exceptional research works will be awarded $300.
The award recognizes outstanding research works that incorporate a breadth and depth of the Library's collections and those that incorporate original resources from Special Collections & University Archives.
Who can apply?
ALL GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who are currently working on a:
- Poster for Impact and Research Day or Engineering Expo
- Research paper for a Capstone course
- Presentation or performance drawing on resources found in the UIC Library
- Any other kind of research project
In addition to you project please submit a 2-3 pages reflective essay about your research process: In this essay, you will describe your experience developing a research project in which you address the following components (you can also include visual representation of your research process if applicable):
- What steps did you take to find relevant information?
- How did the library’s resources and services assist in your research process?
- How did you combine the ideas gathered from multiple sources?
- What kind of challenges did you encounter? How did your thinking about research evolve from this experience?
More information about how to apply can be found on
For questions about the award please contact Anna Kozlowska at email@example.com.
The new deadline for the applications is Monday, May 13, 2019.