Applications are now open for Liberal Arts & Sciences Undergraduate Research Initiative (LASURI) funding. Students selected for LASURI conduct one- or two semester research projects under the guidance of a faculty mentor. They receive up to $1,250 per semester to support their research. At the conclusion of the project, they present their work publicly and submit a final abstract.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be in a major in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Complete 24 credit hours before the project begins
- Be (and remain) enrolled full-time
- Be (and remain) in good academic standing
- Have a faculty member willing to oversee your project
Applications for Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 are due March 15, 2019 on snap.uic.edu.
Want to learn more? Check out the website (las.uic.edu/lasuri) or attend an information session:
Monday Feb. 11, 11:00-12:00 (UH 850)
Thursday Feb. 28, 2:30-3:30 (UH 1501)
Questions can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.