The Department of Emergency Medicine at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County is seeking undergraduate clinical Research Associates (RAs). Selected students will actively participate in retrospective and prospective studies in the emergency department (ED). In addition to recruiting patients for st udies and performing chart reviews, RAs will have the opportunity to shadow emergency medicine physicians in Chicago's busiest ED. This is a volunteer position with the opportunity to receive UIC course credit.
The following is required of candidates:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Freshman or sophomore standing
- Willing to commit 1 - 2 years to the program
- Attend at least four 3-hour shifts a month
- Highly motivated to learn and develop critical thinking and interpersonal skills (Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply.)
For more information about the Academic Associate Program, please visit our website (http://cccr.fetchds.com/academic-associate-program/) and explore the program's syllabus (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OZipm3baYSGczVmBjV6Bohpu9QpLYmdTx_fgKoxyeO0/edit. If you are interested in joining our program, apply here (http://cccr.fetchds.com/academic-associate-program/academic-associate-program-application/).
A tentative timeline for the application process is provided below:
- Application open: Wednesday, January 23
- Application close: Monday, February 18
- Interviews conducted: Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 8
- Acceptance letters sent: Monday, March 11
- Deadline to accept: Friday, March 15
- Begin on-boarding: Monday, March 18
- Complete on-boarding (tentatively): Friday, May 4
Please contact Lum Rizvanolli (email@example.com), program Co-Founder and Coordinator, with any questions.