The UIC Institute for Health Research and Policy seeks applicants for up to two undergraduate employee positions to implement a website design plan and organize content. The ideal candidates will have experience managing or building web content, preferably on the UIC RED network. The positions call for 12 to 15 hours distributed over three or more days a week at the Institute for Health Research and Policy.
Candidates with excellent business communication skills (oral and written) and working familiarity with at least basic html (e.g., tags for headers, paragraphs, lists) should apply for this position. Students whose primary strength is computer science are not likely to be a good fit for these positions; the work does not involve programming.
- Full-time enrollment in a UIC bachelor’s degree program
- Excellent business communication skills.
Additional, Preferred Qualifications:
- Over 100 hours’ experience in web content editing or development as described above.
- Project management experience (as an employee or volunteer), or very good organizational skills.
Don’t Be Shy – Apply!
Submit these two items as a PDF to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019:
- Your resume.
- One-page cover letter (at least 250 words, single-spaced). Using a friendly professional tone, please introduce yourself. Tell us about the qualities you have that make you a good employee and anything else you would like us to know about you (e.g., other skills, interests, volunteer activity, future plans).
IHRP will consider each application upon receipt of the PDF.
No phone calls, please.