Chicago Cancer Health Equity Collaborative
Take the next step in your healthcare and research career journey...
The ChicagoCHEC Research Fellows Program is a comprehensive summer & academic year learning experience for oustanding undergraduate and postbaccalaureate students interested in health who possess the commitment to apply to graduate or medical school and can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to advance cancer health equity. Learn more about eligibility and the application process at www.chicagochec.org.
Application deadline: February 28th, 2019
2019 Chicago CHEC Summer Fellowship Application Timeline
- December 2018 – Application Launch
- February 28, 2019 – Application Deadline
- March 2019 – Selection of finalists
- March 2019– Interviews of finalists
- April 2019– Selection and notification
- June 17, 2019 – Start of summer program
- August 9, 2019 – End of summer program
The Chicago CHEC Mission
- Establish transdisciplinary cancer disparities research programs in behavioral & social science, biomedical, and translational science
- Mobilize researchers, educators, community leaders, students, organizations, and patients in innovative cancer education and community engagement programs to improve health outcomes among Chicago’s low-income, minority, and disability communities
- Provide training, mentoring, and learning opportunities to recruit and retain minority and underrepresented students in health and cancer research careers
- Support the career development and advancement of minority and underrepresented faculty and scientists
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.