I hope your semester is going well! This fall semester, within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, we are offering a number of workshops and events on a range of topics to help you as you work toward your academic and career goals. Among our program offerings, we are bringing back by popular demand our event called “Minute Majors!”
Minute Majors, is an event that features current UIC undergraduate students who have declared an LAS major who will share their process of selecting a major, how they found interesting experiences to apply their major further, and other ways they tested out what fits and supports their interests. We will have a panel discussion and small group break out tables during this workshop. Many of our student panelists have transitioned between majors and explored different options before they landed on a major that felt right to them. Join us to chat with fellow LAS students and sponge up ideas and perspectives on how to approach exploring LAS majors and making the most of your academic experience while you are at UIC!
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Daley Library, Room 1-470
Here is a sneak peek of some of our guest student speakers!
- Biological Sciences
- Criminology, Law, and Justice
- French and Francophone Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Political Science
In this workshop, you will:
- Hear from current LAS students and early alumni of their process of exploring, choosing LAS majors, and finding experiences to test out ‘fit’
- Identify next steps to explore LAS majors and key resources on campus
- Meet a few of our LAS academic advising staff to answer any questions about majors or advising support
- Widen your perspectives of applying your LAS major to career interests
- Participate in panel and small group discussion to ask questions that come to mind with LAS peers!
To Register please go to: student.las.uic.edu.
We look forward to seeing you for this event!