UIC nominates one outstanding senior each year for the Lincoln Academy Student Laureate award. One student will be selected and honored in Springfield on Saturday, November 17. According to Academy materials, “In the spirit of Lincoln, Student Laureates are honored for their leadership and service in the pursuit of the betterment of humanity and for overall excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities.”
Candidates must be graduating in December 2018 or May of 2019. Strong candidates tend to meet the following criteria:
- Involved in curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Have a record of leadership
- Made a contribution to UIC as an undergraduate
- Strong academic record (no minimum GPA)
Applications are hosted in SnAP. Please log in and complete the General Application in order to apply for this opportunity. Nominations are due Sunday, September 30, 2018 at midnight.
Please submit at least one and up to eight names and email addresses of recommenders (please double-check the email address for accuracy).
The Lincoln Academy Student Laureate receives the following:
- The Lincoln Academy Student Laureate Medallion
- A certificate of achievement, and
- The Abraham Lincoln Civic Engagement Award in the amount of $1,000
Questions can be directed to Julianne Angeli, email@example.com.