Capital Semester Spring 2019 – International Affairs & Public Policy in Washington, D.C.
Early deadline: October 5, 2018
Final deadline: November 9, 2018
This comprehensive program includes internship placements in the fields of international affairs and public policy, courses for 12 academic credits through George Mason University, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by foreign and domestic policy experts, and furnished housing the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
Past Internship Sites – International Affairs and Public Policy• Atlas Economic Research Foundation
• Capitol Hill and Congressional Offices
• Center for European Policy Analysis
• Center for Strategic and International Studies
• Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute
• Council on Hemispheric Affairs
• Foreign Embassies
• Peace Corps
• U.S. Department of the Treasury
• Women in Government
• World Vision
• Internships – Competitive placements with international affairs organizations, government agencies, congressional offices, policy groups and non-governmental organizations
• Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
• Classes – Full-time course load with credit provided through George Mason University including courses on international economic policy and constitutional interpretation
• Guest Lectures + Exclusive Site Briefings – With Washington’s top foreign policy and economics experts, including visits to the State Department and Capitol Hill
• Professional Development + Networking – Mentoring and career building activities, as well as interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
• Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need and over 75% of students receive scholarship funding
Visit www.DCinternships.org/Alumni to read more testimonials from past program participants.
Early Application Deadline – 5% Tuition Discount
Students are encouraged to apply by the early deadline of October 5, 2018 to receive priority admissions and scholarship consideration, as well as a 5% discount on their tuition balance. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of November 9, 2018.
Please visit www.DCinternships.org/CS for more information and to begin an online application. Scholarship funding is awarded based on need and merit. Questions may be directed to Mary Stankus, Recruitment and Admissions Director at 202-986-0384 or email@example.com.