Who are we?
TEDxUofIChicago is a local gathering where live TED-like talks and videos previously recorded at TED conferences are shared with the community. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently from the TED organization. Check out our FB page for pictures from our previous events and also our website tedxuofichicago.com.
What are we looking for?
Motivated students who can take ownership of certain primary tasks. People who are organized, self-managed, and hardworking.
Breakdown of Board Departments
- Marketing and Advertising
- This department will be responsible for creating and distributing flyers around campus and public places and promoting us on all forms of social media in an effort to increase awareness and draw attention to our TEDx event. This position includes designing and managing our website. Experience with web design and/or Photoshop is required.
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Core of our organization tasked with recruiting donors and creating partnerships with companies (for either in-kind or monetary donations), without this committee we cannot have an event! People need to be sociable and professional as they are representing TEDx when conversing with companies.
- Art & Design
- Collaborating with Logistics and Marketing committees on stage design, posters, and any other aesthetic needs. A portfolio of your past work is required in the application.
Applications (here) are due August 3rd!