UIC College of Engineering is seeking an undergraduate CBA or LAS student for a minimum of 10 hours per week for the following duties:
- Cross reference professional engineering organization listings and alumni.
- Help with stewardship of donors through calls, emails and other actions.
- Data entry into TED (Tracking and Engagement Database), the alumni and donor database, including address and email updates, adding new constituents and/or events, inputting lists (e.g., scholarship recipients), scanning documents into OnBase, etc.
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, accepting RSVPs, placing follow-up calls to invitees, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors, and other duties as needed.
- Create and execute post-event surveys.
- Help with marketing and promotion of events.
- Maintain donor files and other development materials.
- Perform donor research.
- Preparing author citation reports.
- Preparation of PowerPoint slides.
- Post promotional materials around campus.
- Deliver participant and department magazine copies.
- Update mailing and/or email lists as needed (i.e. peer institutions, upper admin, government officials).
- Update faculty, staff, student email lists each semester for Webtools use.
- Coordinate subjects, locations, logistics for photo shoots.
- Create digital photo filing system.
- Conduct fact-finding and research as needed.
- Assist with details for biannual Advisory Board meetings, including preparation of name tags, tent cards, and member folders; assisting at the registration desk; staffing the after-meeting reception; and other duties as needed.
- Deliver/pick up material to/from east and west campus buildings.
- Process receipts and assist with reconciliation for employee and vendor reimbursements and T-card expenses in TEM.
- Perform miscellaneous office duties such as photocopying, shredding and office organization.
We seek a mature, detail-oriented person with MS Office proficiency, proven data entry skills, and the ability to maintain confidential information and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision. A signed confidentiality agreement is required. The student must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, up to 20 hours per week. Please submit a resume and statement of interest to: Lynn Thomas, Director of Faculty Affairs and International Programs, at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 11.