The L@s GANAS Research Fellowship is a 2-year program that engages students in research-intensive experiences in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, and beyond. As a student participant, a L@s GANAS fellow, you will gain sustained and meaningful exposure to research environments, you will learn about research as a career and be provided with a visible path towards it. You will also be embraced by the UIC research community and introduced to national research communities in your field.
Applications will be closed on March 1st, 2018. Click Here for more information.
Benefits for L@S GANAS Research Fellows
- Work closely with experienced researchers while earning credit and gaining hands-on experience
- Be eligible to receive financial assistance – up to $5000*
- Receive funding to present original research at national and local conferences
- Have the opportunity to connect with the larger research community
- Be welcomed to participate in all L@S GANAS programming
- Participate in a science leadership workshop in the fall prior to engaging in research projects
- Students will be enrolled in Bios 294: Special Topics. This workshop time is TBD for Fall 2018. Fall 2017 meets on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 4:40 pm in 3098 SEL. This is a seminar course and will require some outside readings, but most work will occur in discussion. This is a strict requirement for participation in the fellowship.
Here is what you need to participate:
- be currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate student starting your second academic year in the Fall 2017 semester at UIC or a new transfer student beginning in Fall 2017
- self identify as Latinx
- commit to enroll for 2 full academic years (four semesters) in our research program
- intend to major in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Neuroscience
- maintain good academic standing
* Students must be FAFSA-eligible to receive financial assistance. Participation in the research experience is NOT contingent on FAFSA status.