This program will give students an opportunity to gain real world experience by interning in one of the social service organizations: previous interns were placed working with homelessness, domestic violence, services to families, children, refugees and at neighborhood crisis referral centers.
- Led by UIC Kathryn Engel, Director of Internships, Applied Psychology
- Spend 3 days at the internship site per week
- Visits to Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Notre Dame
- Field trip to Versailles
Kathryn Engel, Director of Internships in Applied Psychology, will hold an info session at the Honors College on Tuesday, February 13, from 4pm to 5pm in BH 119. Other info sessions will take place on the following dates/times:
- Friday, February 9 -- 12p-1pm -- 1075 BSB
- Thursday, February 15 -- 3:30pm-4:30pm -- Study Abroad Office (505 UH)
- Friday, February 23 -- 12p-1pm -- Study Abroad Office (505 UH)
Contact Irina Krymova at email@example.com at the Study Abroad Office and/or Kathryn Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit studyabroad.uic.edu for more information.
Gemma Gonzalez from Psychology won the HI USA scholarship last year. A flier is attached below for HI USA scholarship as they have specifically invited me to recruit more students in this program to apply because rigorous coursework coupled with intensive internship training matches their interests and our students match their mission to open the world to Pell eligible students. Students can also use their financial aid and apply for Honors College Study Abroad Scholarships and the Gilman.