The Center for Research on Health and Aging (CRHA) is seeking an undergraduate research assistant. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable research experience! If you are reliable, motivated, and eager to learn then we want you to be a part of our team!
What we do:
CRHA is housed under the Institute for Health Research & Policy at UIC, where we test and disseminate evidence about how older adults can prevent disability and disease to maintain health. You can find more information about CRHA on our website: http://www.ihrp.uic.edu/center/center-research-health-and-aging
In this position you will work older adult research participants to interview and collect data from them, enter data, conduct lit searches, and perform other duties as needed to aid the research studies.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
The person in this position will assist one or more research projects by collecting subject data, entering data, scheduling participants, and performing other duties as needed to support the research projects.
The person in this position will get hands-on research experience working on interventions that seek to improve the health of older adults. This is great experience for a motivated student looking to pursue a career in medicine, public health, psychology, physical therapy, and others.
- Perform surveys, interviews, and observations of research subjects following research protocols and guidelines
- Collect, clean, and enter data for analysis
- Conduct literature searches
- Schedule participants for study visits
- Communicate with study participants to keep them engaged and answer their questions appropriately
- Will perform human subjects and HIPAA training
- Attend community events to recruit research participants
- General office duties including filing, copying, and preparing paperwork
- Other study related duties as needed
Job knowledge, skills, education, experience
Current undergraduate student pursing a degree in a public health, psychology, nutrition, kinesiology, pre-medicine, or other related fields.
Research Associate II / Roybal Coordinator
University of Illinois at Chicago
Center for Research on Health and Aging | Institute for Health Research and Policy (IHRP)