The Chancellor’s Committee for the Status of LGBTQ+ People celebrates Pride month in June.
The coronavirus pandemic brought Chicago Pride festivities to a standstill in 2020 and 2021, but the following Pride events are scheduled to return in 2022:
- Andersonville Midsommarfest: June 10-12.
- UIC GSC PRIDE Picnic: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. June 15 at the Behavioral Sciences Building gazebo. Attendees must RSVP by Thursday, June 9.
- Chicago Pride Fest: June 18-19.
- Pride in the Park: June 25-26.
- Chicago Pride Parade: June 26.
- Pride South Side: July 1-3.
- Chicago Dyke March: TBD.
The Chancellor’s Committee for the Status of LGBTQ+ People reminds the UIC community that is important to remember that although things have gotten better, the LGBTQ+ community still faces violence and discrimination. Many states have pending legislation targeting LGBTQ+ people for discrimination. Examples include prohibiting gender-affirming health care for transgender youth, and conversion therapy remains legal in many parts of the United States. Please visit Lambda Legal or Transgender Law Center to learn more. The Chancellor’s Committee for the Status of LGBTQ+ People encourages all UIC community members to learn more about LGBTQ+ people. UIC reinforces its commitment to greater inclusion of LGBTQ+ individuals with the following resources:
Find more here: https://today.uic.edu/uic-celebrates-lgbtq-pride-month?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=today%2B05.31.22