What is Project Lead?
Project LEAD is a three day program of workshops designed specifically to assist students in developing leadership skills and getting involved on campus from day one. This program allows first-year and transfer students to move in early and get a head start adjusting to UIC and living on campus.
As a Project LEADER you will have the opportunity to lead, support, mentor, and aid in the transition of first year and transfer students to UIC that will be living on campus. Project LEAD 2017 will take place August 20-22, 2017.
- Creating and establishing relationships with campus housing staff and other incoming residents early. Studies have shown that creating these relationships early increases student satisfaction and academic success!
- Avoid the rush and move in a few days early.
- Receive a great T-Shirt, training, and free meals (prior to opening)!*
- Free Interim Housing
*Meals will be provided during training times
- Have previously participated in Project LEAD
- Be in good academic (2.25 Cum. GPA or higher) standing with the university
- Be in good conduct standing with the university
- Must have a signed housing contract for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be available to move in before on 8:00 AM August 19, 2017
- Be available for Project LEAD Group Leader Training August 19-20, 2017
- Be available to participant in all portions of Project LEAD August 20-22, 2017
- Be available to volunteer with Move-in Crew throughout opening.
- Sunday, May 28: Project Lead Leader Applications Due by 11:59 PM
- Friday, June 2: Decision Letters Sent out
- Friday, August 18: Project Lead Leader Move-in
- Saturday, August 19: Project Leader Training Day 1 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Sunday, August 20: Project Leader Training Day 2 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Sunday, August 20: Project Lead Participant move in! (Starting at 12:00 PM)-7:00 PM
- Monday, August 21: Project Lead Day 1 (Full Day)
- Tuesday, August 22: Project Lead Day 2 (Full Day)
- Wednesday, August 23: First year Student move in (by shift)
Applications close at 11:59 PM on May 28, 2017.