OSSP is seeking a General Office Aide!
The general office aide will provide administrative support to optimize procedures for the Office of Special Scholarship Programs (OSSP). This position requires 8+ hours per week for Spring 2017 with the possibility for continuing through Summer 2017 and beyond. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Helping students and parents navigate scholarship resources at UIC
- Researching scholarships opportunities
- Drafting and creating newsletters
- Managing and maintaining OSSP website and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Handling and filing confidential student records
- Updating records ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Staffing on-campus events and hanging posters around campus
- Generating inventory reports
- Photocopying, scanning, printing
- Checking and sorting office communications, including email and mail
- Handling phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a professional and cordial manner
- Running errands across campus for OSSP staff
An undergraduate student with one year of work experience either on- or off-campus, ideally in an office setting. Must be a mature and responsible self-starter with great organization and communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office.
To apply, please email email@example.com, subject “OSSP General Office Aide Position,” with the following information:
1) Current resume
2) An explanation of why this position interests you and what qualifies you for this position
3) Your weekly availability to interview the week of April 17th.