The Roosevelt Institute and Illinois Campaign for Political Reform are hosting an event "Who Writes the Rules Matters'" on UIC's campus April 10th. Roosevelters and Illinois Campaign for Political Reform know that Who Writes the Rules Matters, so we're bringing together students and legislators to figure out how everyone can have a seat at the table.
Join us for a panel discussion followed by a collaborative workshop as we seek to understand structural and practical barriers to democratic access for young people.
Key legislators to expect:
- Omar Aquino, State Senator
- Kelly Cassidy, State Representative
- Bill Cunningham, State Senator
- Mike Fortner, State Representative
- Susan Garrett, Former State Senator
- John Millner, Former State Senator
- Christian Mitchell, State Representative
- Arthur Turner, State Representative
- Patricia Van Pelt, State Senator
The event will be held on Monday, April 10th at 11:00 a.m. The event will be located at the Student Services Building. Room: BC
All students are encouraged to attend and contribute to the discussion!