Pending "in process" funding from the American Psychological Association, the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Department of Psychology will host 6 undergraduate students for paid summer research assistantships. The program, Scholarship in Child and Adolescent Health and Injury Prevention (SCAHIP), will offer research training, graduate school and career development, and opportunities to socialize with other
UAB is a comprehensive, urban research university, ranked among the top 25 in funding from the NIH. Birmingham is a growing, diverse, and progressive city located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, rated #1 Next Hot Food City by Zagat, and home to several world-class museums and performing arts venues. Recreational and entertainment options abound in the area.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY MARCH 24, 2017.
Complete application at http://tinyurl.com/scahip
PROGRAM CONTACT - IMPORTANT
Mary Frances Thetford, M.Ed., email@example.com
Please email me to obtain the printed flier with additional necessary information for your application.
- Undergraduate students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year in Fall 2017
- Major in psychology, public health, human development, or related field
- Interest in attending graduate school
- Experience working with children/adolescents is desirable, but not required
- Students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: March 24, 2017
Program timeframe: June 12, 2017 till August 04, 17