The Honors College is offering FREE POSTER PRINTING through Makesigns.com to any student planning to present their capstone project at the UIC Student Research Forum this spring.
The deadline for uploading the poster is Monday March 27 at noon (one week before the forum on April 3). The posters will be available at the Honors College for pick up on Friday March 31 after 10:00 AM.
You will need a password to qualify for the free poster. Once you have submitted your abstract to the UICSRF, you will receive a submission ID number, which you can use as proof of registration. If you are presenting your poster at a different venue, you will need to attach a document as proof of registration (email from conference, letter from supervisor, etc.). Use this link to provide your proof of registration and receive the password - https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/5946986
We recommend that you visit the Makesigns.com site immediately and check out their free scientific poster templates under the “scientific research posters” tab and then the “free powerpoint templates” box. You can select any style that you like as long as it allows you to make a poster that is 36” X 48” in a landscape format (just don’t pick a tall or square one).
Once you have downloaded your template and finished your poster, use the following link to go to the UIC HONORS COLLEGE landing site to upload your poster for printing (please don’t leave it until the last day because there won’t be time to help you if something goes wrong).
DIRECTIONS FOR UPLOADING YOUR POSTER FOR PRINTING:
1) Enter the landing site through this link http://www.makesigns.com/conference/4855/uic-honors-college-research-forum
2) Press the red “order my 36” X 48” poster” button
3) Upload your poster, either by dragging and dropping the file (should be a .ppt) or by clicking the red button to upload it from your computer and then press “upload file”
4) Select – Size 36” X 48”; Media – Standard (heavyweight matte paper); quantity -1; with no special printing instructions, then press “add to cart” (the site is set to accept only this format. I don’t know what will happen if you try to do something else, but let’s not find out)
5) Press “checkout now” on the right side under the price information
6) Check out as a “guest” using your UIC email address (if you don’t use your UIC email, you’ll be rejected when we approve the orders because we won’t recognize you as one of our students)
7) Your poster will already be identified as part of a group order, so enter the password we’ve given you in the “password for order group” box and press “continue to Order Details”
8) Ignore the top part because we will pick up the order; give them your name and contact phone number in case there is a problem with your poster (sometimes images are fuzzy, etc); under “anything else we should know” you can check any box EXCEPT the tax exempt number box. Then press “continue to payment”
9) How would you like to pay? Select “fax/email a purchase order.” (We have already given them a purchase order number and the University tax exempt code).
10) You are done.