FACETS & FACETS Children + Youth - Internships are still available for Spring Semester. If interest, you should apply as soon as possible.
Greetings from Facets and Facets Children + Youth, a non-profit arts organization dedicated to the exhibition, distribution and education of foreign, classic and independent cinema. Facets Internships are a great learning experience for anyone interested in event coordination, film, fundraising, writing, marketing, publicity, non-profit development & PR. Facets internships are unpaid.
* To be considered for an interview, please submit the Facets Internship Application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SnLBu0vuc4Eqy-qOYvd46FjAXFCsJ2pAE04MTUwj9a0/viewform?c=0&w=1> and your resume.
* Interviews will be conducted in person at Facets and by phone.
* LEARN MORE ABOUT FACETS INTERNSHIPS<http://www.facets.org/internships.php>
Available opportunities for spring 2017 include:
* Festival Programming Assistant - The Programming Assistant works closely with the Programming Director to coordinate Festival submissions, process entries, and develop and execute film screenings, workshops and special events. Candidates should have a background in film production or criticism, have strong writing skills (for note-taking, correspondence and film descriptions) or have coordinated events. Interns can gain experience in project management, event coordination, research, film programming, writing and publicity.
* Marketing/Social Media Coordinator - Students can expect to learn and gain proficiency in the use of social media as part of a coordinated marketing approach. This internship will offer participants the opportunity to help identify and analyze a target audience and plan and implement elements of marketing campaigns. This position also serves as Facets' liaison to online and social-media-based networks of film-lovers, keeping Facets apprised of ongoing conversations and raising online awareness of Facets' mission, programs, and offerings. Applicants should possess creativity, a broad and informed love of movies, attention to detail, experience in writing, general office skills, and Internet research. Responsibilities may also include coordinating promotional relationships and items for Facets, Facets Children's Programs and special events, publicizing in ethnic or niche markets, and Festival publicity coordination. Proficiency with graphic design programs a plus.
* Facets DVD Label - Sales, Marketing & Publicity Internship - The Facets DVD label distributes international and independent films on DVD, digitally and in theatres around the country. Interns will participate in all aspects of independent film distribution including DVD releases, digital delivery and educational marketing. Tasks involve customer research and development, creating marketing materials and Internet campaigns, coordinating with press, creating promotional video clips, designing press kits, and interacting with filmmakers. Duties are in the field of film distribution - This is not a production job. Applicants should be web-savvy and proficient with both PCs and Macs and Excel. Photoshop skills not required but appreciated. Interest in film marketing and distribution, and/or film publicity is a plus. The environment is informal and collaborative and involves direct contact with all levels of Facets staff.
Founded in 1974, Facets Multi-Media is a non-profit organization dedicated to the exhibition, distribution & education of foreign, independent & classic films with programming for adults, children and youth, families and educators.