Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern at UIC Latino Cultural Center, Spring 2017
The Latino Cultural Center (LCC) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern(s) to work alongside our team to help build our social media presence. If you are passionate about social media, and understand how social media is used to help grow an organization's presence and get information out into the world, we want to speak with you! Intern will devote 75% of the time to this project and 25% to help with public events and office duties.
We are seeking a student with a sophomore, junior or senior standing that will need to work for 10 hours a week for 13 weeks- January 16, 2017 - April 22, 2017 (off week of Spring break).
Intern will receive two UIC Bookstore gift cards for a total of $200 ($100 in the second week of the internship and $100 at the completion of the internship).
* Help grow the LCC's social footprint and use it to drive traffic to public programs
* Curate, design, and write posts for all social media platforms using Hootsuit
* Responsible for managing and keeping up to date all social media platforms
* Ability to take ownership and be creative
* Strong academic record;
* Must have excellent oral and written skills;
* Candidate must be familiar with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube;
* Relevant field of study or experience, particularly Marketing, Social Media, Communications, or Business Administration;
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
* Organized, with an ability to prioritize assignments; and
* Creative and collaborative spirit.