The UI Cancer Center is looking for an undergraduate student to work 15-20 hours a week. As an Accounting Aide Student under supervision will perform the following duties:
- Reviews accounting documents for completeness and errors.
• Prepares statements and reports which are factual in nature, require computation, and reflect the relationship amount accounts.
• Corrects discrepancies by reference to source documents or records and tracing transactions through a series of successive records.
• Researches accounting sources to obtain data for statements or reports and to reconcile accounts.
• Operates and is responsible for mechanical duties and clerical accuracy of electronic accounting equipment.
• Makes recommendations to eliminate unnecessary clerical steps in the processing and recording of transactions.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Business and Accounting Majors preferred. Must have 1 year of training in accounting or bookkeeping or one year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping work.
Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org