UIC nominates one outstanding senior each year for the Lincoln Academy Student Laureate award. One student will be selected and honored in Springfield on Saturday, November 12. According to Academy materials, "In the spirit of Lincoln, Student Laureates are honored for their leadership and service in the pursuit of the betterment of humanity and for overall excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities."
The application deadline is Monday, October 10, 2016.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
-Graduating in December 2016 or May of 2017
-Please access the application at https://uic.academicworks.com/opportunities/2386/applications/new
-You must submit AT LEAST ONE AND UP TO EIGHT REFERENCES. You will submit their names and email addresses in the online application.
-You may nominate yourself or a faculty or staff member may nominate you. In both cases you must fill in the online application.
Strong candidates tend to possess the following criteria:
- Made a contribution to UIC as an undergraduate
- Involved in curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Have a record of leadership
- Strong academic record (no minimum GPA)
The Lincoln Academy Student Laureate receives the following:
* The Lincoln Academy Student Laureate Medallion
* A certificate of achievement, and
* The Abraham Lincoln Civic Engagement Award in the amount of $1,000
Questions? Please contact Beth Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com