The Chicago Park District Office of the Inspector General is an independent office that conducts investigations, process reviews, financial and program audits, and hiring monitoring within the Chicago Park District. The Park District OIG’s mission is to promote efficiency, economy and transparency within the Park District by combatting fraud, waste, and abuse.
The Park District OIG is seeking one to three interns to support investigative, auditing, and hiring oversight projects. Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong interest in public service and government accountability.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted directly by the applicant. No second-party applications will be accepted. The Park District OIG requires that its employees be nonpartisan and free from conflicts of interest.
UNPAID INTERNSHIP: Internship may be considered for academic credit or other educational stipend or scholarship. Because internship is unpaid, City of Chicago residency is preferred but not required.
DUTIES: Under the supervision of Park District OIG personnel, Interns will be tasked with legal research, investigative research, analysis, report writing and other duties as assigned in support of the Park District OIG’s investigative, audit and hiring monitoring projects.
- Open to college juniors and seniors, graduate students and law students in good academic standing, enrolled in an accredited four year college or university offering a baccalaureate or graduate degree or juris doctor program.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point grading scale or a 3.5 on a 5 point grading scale.
- Applicants must submit most recent transcripts with applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, strong organizational and interpersonal skills are desirable.
For this unpaid internship, do NOT use the Chicago Park District’s online job application process.
To be considered for the internship, please follow all of these steps:
- Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Internship application” in the subject line
- Attach your cover letter
- Attach your resume
- Attach your most recent transcript and enrollment verification form
Only applicants who submit all of these required materials will be considered. Accepting internship applications from April 25 through May 30, 2016.
The Chicago Park District is an equal opportunity and military-friendly employer. REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact John Barrientos at 312 742-1127 or 312- 747-2001 (TTY). You may be required to provide information related to your reasonable accommodation request.