Hello UIC Students,
Do you have the desire to be a student leader and advocate for campus issues? The Undergraduate Student Government (USG) is looking for dedicated students to serve as assembly members for the academic school year.
The UIC Undergraduate Student Government (USG) is the official governing body of undergraduate students at the University of Illinois at Chicago. USG represents undergraduates in many ways, including improving policies affecting student welfare; providing services to meet student needs; strengthening the sense of community among students, and serving as a communication medium between students and administration.
USG consists of a President, Vice President, secretary, and 30 voting members of the assembly, one of which is voted the Speaker of the assembly. There are also five standing committees that deals with different kinds of concerns around campus.
• University Relations Committee: URC is concerned with adequately representing the interests of students to campus administrators, the Board of Trustees and the Illinois State Legislature. Efforts include increasing student involvement in university business and in maintaining necessary student services, while advocating to provide a better possibility to achieve higher education.
• Sustainability and Infrastructure Committee: SIC is concerned with all matters pertaining to campus facilities including sustainability, campus safety, technology, buildings and maintenance.
• Interpersonal Relations Committee: IRC is concerned with matters pertaining to surrounding community organizations, upholding the UIC Urban Mission, working with the campus cultural centers, and working directly with Campus Programs to serve as a liaison between USG and the student organizations.
• Treasury Committee: This committee oversees and advises the Legislative Assembly on matters pertaining to the allocation of funds requested by student organizations and allocation of funds appropriated to USG.
• Communications and Recruitment Committee: CRC oversees communications with student body via email, social media, etc. Also is in charge of all general USG publicity and promotions, as well as membership recruitment.
Individuals who join our assembly are able to enhance their leadership and professionalism skills. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to work with school administrators on a variety of campus issues. If there are any students who are interested in joining USG, please send an email to email@example.com. For more information, please visit this website: usg.uic.edu.