The Wellness Center and Undergraduate Student Government (USG) need your help. The UIC Pop-Up Pantry provides canned goods and nonperishable items to homeless, low-income, and any other student who needs the resource. We need your support to continue this important service for our UIC community.
Thursday, October 8th, will be this year's first food drive! All donations from the food drive will go directly to support the Pop-Up Pantry.
Date: Thursday, October 8th
Location: UIC Wellness Center, Student Center East, 750 S. Halsted Street suite 238
Time: 10 am- 4 pm
Additionally, monetary Donations can be made on the Pop-Up Pantry website: http://www.uic.edu/depts/wellctr/UIC%20Pop%20Up%20Pantry_Donate.html
Food Donation Guidelines:Products must be
• In original cans, cartons, or bags
• Non-perishable (requires no refrigeration or freezing)
• Unopened and in the original container with the original product label
• Free of damage, stains, moisture, etc.
• Within expiration date
Most Popular (Always the 1st to go)
• On-the-go/instant meals (Easy Mac, etc.)
• Pasta/rice (dry pasta, canned pasta, pasta packets, any type of rice)
• Hot or cold cereal
• Snack foods (granola bars, trail mix, protein bars, etc.)
• Beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
• Baby food
• Peanut butter/jelly
• Canned fish
• Canned meats
• Canned beans
• Canned soup/soup packets
• Canned vegetables
• Toilet paper
• Laundry detergent
Thank you for your support!
Carol Petersen, Associate Director of the Wellness Center
Flordalia Rodriguez-Garcia, Undergraduate Student Government Vice-President