Attention Honors College students! 🌟
Are you looking for a job? 👀
You are in luck! 🍀
The Honors College is looking for a highly motivated current Honors College student to join the Front Desk Student Assistant Team!
Front desk student workers are responsible for greeting guests when they arrive at the College, answering phones, scheduling appointments, organizing student files, managing supply inventory, supporting program and event set up and clean up. Some shifts (e.g. opening and closing shifts) may require additional duties.
Front desk student workers are scheduled for shifts Monday through Friday between 7:45 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
For this position we require availability on at least one or more of the following days/times: Mondays 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m; Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Wednesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays 7:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. but can otherwise be flexible.
All desk staff are required to maintain confidentiality.
This is an in-person appointment.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
· Current Honors College student in good standing
· First or second year student preferred
· Be able to work at least 4 hours a week
· Highly adaptable and able to thrive in different environments
· Dependable and timely - must show up to work as scheduled and on time
· Comfortable answering phones, relaying messages and assisting a variety of students, staff, faculty and guests
· Detail-oriented, personable individuals who work well under pressure to meet deadlines and function as part of a team
· Not necessary, but preferred experience in customer service and/or academic settings
· Be comfortable lifting heavier items and cleaning after events including but not limited to washing dishes and wiping down tables, among others
To apply, students MUST make a Handshake Account. Once created, use the following link to apply: https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/6676944