via UIC Today:
- All students should disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status through UIC Healthcheck as soon as possible. Returning students should disclose vaccination status by August 1. Freshman, transfer and new graduate students should disclose vaccination status by August 16. Students in the health sciences may have earlier deadlines that are being communicated by the colleges. You will also be able to update your vaccination status through UIC Healthcheck when/if you become fully vaccinated at a later date.
- Upon disclosing that you are fully vaccinated (at least 14 days since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine), at this time you will not be required to participate in mandatory on-campus saliva testing, UIC Healthcheck, and you will not be required to quarantine if you are a close contact of someone with a positive COVID-19 test or if you have returned from international or domestic travel. Your UIC Daily Pass will remain green.
- Following your vaccination disclosure, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit proof of vaccination.
- In the interest of the health and safety of our entire UIC community, COVID-19 vaccination exemptions are limited to very specific medical conditions with physician documentation and religious exemptions. You may request an exemption online.
- Unvaccinated students who obtain an exemption will be required to participate in symptom monitoring via UIC Healthcheck, on-campus COVID-19 saliva testing at least once weekly, and continue to wear a face-covering to participate in classes, activities or events on campus.
- Students who are not vaccinated and do not qualify for an exemption will be able to complete coursework through synchronous or asynchronous online courses, or by streaming and/or watching recordings of in-person courses. However, you will not be able to participate in any on-campus classes, activities or events, including courses with required in-person components.
WHERE TO OBTAIN A VACCINATION
- If you have not been vaccinated, you can take advantage of free, convenient vaccination appointments that are available on campus. For more information about COVID-19 vaccination at UIC/UI Health or to make an appointment, visit vaccine.uihealth.care. If you have any questions about making a vaccine appointment, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find COVID-19 vaccination appointments or walk-in hours at a location near you by visiting vaccines.gov.
If you have additional questions about student vaccination requirements, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions webpage.